Tuesday, January 1, 2013

To Do Or Not To do.

...it's in our hand. It's our choice.

Hi, Assalamualaikum. 

Well, I'd re-read my last post, and it really sound funny. Nowadays I am rarely read and write in Bahasa, I think that's why my last post sound tunggang-terbalik. Wa-lah, macam saya ni lahir di Amerika je. So, as a truly Malaysian, so I decided to write in rojak. HAHAHA!

Okay, back to the topic. 

When I'm younger, I have lots of opportunities to do things that I regretted now because I didn't do it at all. And now I keep wonder and asking my self (quite frequent actually), "Why I didn't do that, why I never try this?"  

For example, when I was in primary school, they actually have an association for Wushu training for students, and a friend of mine, actually join in. And she was the only Malay girl who join that martial art that time. How cool is that? She did asked me though to join with her, but I declined because I didn't think it wasn't cool enough that time. There were also another things like PBSM, Palapes, Debate Team etc. etc...

Success People's Indicator = 2013 resolutions!

I think of my self like, you know when too comfortable in something, I keep doing it and I afraid to make some changes. 

Have you ever read "Who Moved My Cheese" by Dr. Spencer Johnson? It's really, really a good book. It's about how you want or need to adapt with changes in your life whether you expecting it or not. Well different people have their own different ways. Some people can easily adapt, and some people have hard times to move on.

As my teacher said to me once, when I was in my sekolah teknik at Kuala Klawang which the area is very outdated and kampung style as I'm from Kuala Lumpur, urban city yaw! So, she said to me (to us, the students actually), 

"Untuk menyesuaikan diri di sesuatu tempat atau keadaan baru, kita ada dua pilihan, sama ada kita ubah keadaan itu mengikut kita atau kita yang mengubah diri sendiri dan sesuaikan dengan keadaan itu."

Which means, when we're in new situation, we only have two choices. It's either we change the situation to follow our ways or change our mindset and adapt the new situation. Something like that.

So, being me that time, I didn't have much choices, aren't I? So, I have to change my self, my ways of thinking and soon I found that I like my school more and never get homesick again. I'd miss my school, until now. 

If you ask me what my New Year's resolutions are, I will say that I don't what to be afraid anymore. Afraid of changes I mean. I will try everything that new to me, so I will not have any regrets on my tomorrows. 

Like today, I'm actually afraid to drive alone, at unfamiliar places. But today I manage to went to place I never been before ALONE, although I'm lost in the way to going there and have to asked for help from my friend, I think it's a really good start though. T^T

So, a new year ahead, brace yourself and be a better person. InsyaAllah.

Till then, buona notte, caro mio. ;)

No comments:

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com